“Property insurance business” means the business of effecting and carrying out contracts of insurance against risks of loss or damage to real or personal property. The fire and special perils policy and by extension the insurance on private dwellings indemnifies the owner of the property against specified perils under certain stated terms and conditions.
This highly interactive workshop seeks to provide participants with an understanding of the principles and practices of certain types of property insurances so that the information provided by intermediaries is transparent and in accordance with the policy terms and conditions. Participants will also gain insight into insuring multi-story, residential and commercial complexes.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with the various types of property insurance
- Comprehend the terms and conditions of the policy
- Become acquainted with special perils and benefits to the policy
- Comprehend risk exposure and applying an adequate rate
- Become familiar with the claims process
Bookings are closed for this event.