This workshop covers the general principles of workmen’s compensation, legislation and history. Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the claims process, the relationship under the WC Act and that received under the Common Law (deductions of sums received) and more. The history and need for Workmen’s Compensation.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Understand the Workmen's Compensation Act Chapter 88:05
- Distinguish between the policy wording of Workmen’s Compensation & Employer’s Liability
- Understand the duties /of the Employer under Common Law and OSHA
- Understand the claims process
- Gain insight into time limits on reporting incident(s) to the Employer
- Understand the relationship of settlement received under the Workmen’s Compensation Act and that received under the Common Law - deduction of sums received.
Bookings are closed for this event.