This highly interactive session is designed to provide participants with in depth knowledge on underwriting motor insurance. Pertinent parts of the Motor Vehicles Insurance (Third -Party Risks) Act Chapter 48:51 will be covered and several Privy Council rulings which have bearing on motor insurance business. They will also be exposed to core insurance principles as it pertains to motor insurance, the proposal form and policy and their related content. Participants will also gain insight on how motor insurance is rated and tools available to the underwriter for doing so.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Understand key aspects of the MVI(TP) Act and several Privy Council rulings as it relates to motor insurance
• Become familiar with core insurance principles with respect to motor insurance and underwriting
• Understand the content of the proposal form and policy
• Understand the rating of motor insurance
• Become exposed to underwriting tools for rating etc.
Karan Ramlal, ACII, Dip. Ins., Chartered Insurer - is a highly qualified industry professional with a career spanning over thirty-five (35) years.
He attained his Dip. Ins. Diploma in 1987, his ACII in 1991 and Chartered status in 1995.
Throughout his employment at senior levels in the industry, he became known as one of the best technical experts having in-depth knowledge in Underwriting, Reinsurance and Claims.
He has lectured throughout the Caribbean for over twenty-five (25) years especially in specialist fields such as oil, gas and energy liability business.
Mr. Ramlal has been a broker for the last twelve (12) years so he brings to his students the expertise and knowledge gathered from both sides of two (2) main insurance fields.