This workshop is designed to provide participants with insight into the new classes of Long-Term Insurance Business, namely Accident Insurance, Sickness Insurance and Disability Income Insurance, introduced in the recently proclaimed Insurance Act 2018. Participants will gain an understanding of the benefits of these types of Insurance to the insured, as well as the various policy conditions.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Define accident insurance, sickness insurance, and disability income insurance.
- Understand the key components of accident insurance, sickness insurance and disability income insurance.
- Explain the benefits of these classes of business to the potential insured.
- Identify the conditions under which these claims may arise.
- Understand key terms used in Disability income policies.