Course Description: This workshop is designed to educate participants on reinsurance. Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the way reinsurance works and the support provided to the insurer.
Target Audience: Claims Managers, Underwriting Managers, Claims technicians and senior insurance professionals
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the definition ad background of reinsurance
- Understand support mechanisms which are provided by the Reinsurer to the company
- Understand the principles of proportional and non-proportional reinsurance treaties
- Gain an insight into how claims are reimbursed
- Be knowledgeable on the reinsurers’ approach to catastrophic events