This workshop is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to understand the manner in which evidence is collated and then presented before the Court within the framework of the Civil Proceedings Rules and the Evidence Act of Trinidad and Tobago.
At the end of the session participants will:
Laws and Regulations (2 CPDhours)
Other (2 CPD hours)
- Understand the procedures and process of giving evidence within the terms of the Civil Proceedings Rules and the Evidence Act:
- Understand the roles of the various persons in court/tribunal and oath taking:
- Apply the use of exhibits/appendices/photos/plans/maps
- Understand techniques lawyers use in cross-examinations and how to handle them
- Comprehend how to give clear, honest and impartial testimony
- Understand how to identify the source and weight of evidence
- Understand how to prepare for giving evidence (body language, active listening, etc.)
Bookings are closed for this event.