This highly interactive workshop is designed to give participants a general understanding and working knowledge of how to deal with complex motor claims under the policy of insurance.
At the end of the session participants will:
- Be exposed to the Motor Vehicle Insurance (Third Party Risks) Act, Chapter 48:51
- Understand the Motor Insurance Policy coverage, general terms and conditions
- Be able to identify:
- Liability under the policy
- Investigation of accident
- Assessment of damage and quantification of claim
- Understand Settlements – Indemnity vs. Legal Liability
- Understand the Arbitration and Forfeiture condition
- Gain insight into liability for driving other vehicles extension
- Understand when can an Insurer void a policy of insurance
- Gain insight into underinsurance and settlement of claims
- Be exposed to Open cover vs. Restricted cover
- Understand under what circumstance can an insurer settle a third-party claim and recover from its insured
- Be exposed to legal decisions affecting motor insurance.
Bookings are closed for this event.