August 9, 2022
This highly interactive workshop is designed to give participants a general understanding and working knowledge of how to deal with complex motor claims under the policy of insurance.
At the end of the session participants will:
- Be exposed to the Motor Vehicle Insurance (Third Party Risks) Act, Chapter 48:51
- Understand the Motor Insurance Policy coverage, general terms and conditions
- Be able to identify:
- Liability under the policy
- Investigation of accident
- Assessment of damage and quantification of claim
- Understand Settlements – Indemnity vs. Legal Liability
- Understand the Arbitration and Forfeiture condition
- Gain insight into liability for driving other vehicles extension
- Understand when can an Insurer void a policy of insurance
- Gain insight into underinsurance and settlement of claims
- Be exposed to Open cover vs. Restricted cover
- Understand under what circumstance can an insurer settle a third-party claim and recover from its insured
- Be exposed to legal decisions affecting motor insurance.
Mr. Mungroo has been in the insurance industry for over 25 years working in claims underwriting and IT. He holds the TTII’s Diploma in Insurance and became an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute, UK in 1989 and was awarded the Chartered Insurance Person status by the CII in 1995. He completed his Bachelors of Laws Degree in 2006 and his legal practice course in England in 2008. He was called to the bar in February 2009 and continues to manage a full-time practice in civil litigation, property, family law, employer's liability and estate planning. Mr. Mungroo is also a member of the Board of Commissioners of the Financial Services Commission of the British Virgin Islands.
Bookings are closed for this event.