“This workshop is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to understand the manner in which evidence is collated and then presented before the Court within the framework of the Civil Proceedings Rules and the Evidence Act of Trinidad and Tobago.
At the end of the session participants will:
Laws and Regulations (2 CPD hours)
• Understand the procedures and process of giving evidence within the terms of the Civil Proceedings Rules and the Evidence Act:
• Understand the roles of the various persons in court/tribunal and oath taking:
• Apply the use of exhibits/appendices/photos/plans/maps
Other (2 CPD hours)
• Understand techniques lawyers use in cross-examinations and how to handle them
• Comprehend how to give clear, honest and impartial testimony
• Understand how to identify the source and weight of evidence
• Understand how to prepare for giving evidence (body language, active listening, etc.)
Ms. Boodoosingh has over thirteen (13) years’ experience in the Insurance Industry as a Property Loss Adjuster. Her specialization is in domestic property, liability insurances and commercial insurance lines. She is a practicing civil litigation Attorney-at-Law acting as Legal Counsel for insurance companies in their civil litigation matters.
Among her many accolades, Ms. Boodoosingh holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of the West Indies and Legal Education Certificate (LEC). On the insurance front, her professional designations include Chartered Insurance Practitioner (CIP) with the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters (CILA) and Fellow of the International Federation of Adjusting Associations (FIFAA).