Workshop on Understanding General Insurance Accounting
This workshop provides the opportunity for participants to:
- Identify unique characteristics of Insurance Accounting and how this differs from other industries.
- Describe the Insurance Cash Flow cycle and the key components.
- Explain the key Accounting rules and concepts and how they are applied to measurement and reporting.
- Understand the estimation and dependencies of Claim costs.
- Explain the Accounting treatment of Premiums, Claims and Commissions.
- Understand how Reinsurance works
- Understand and interpret key ratios as a holistic component.
- Understand the requirement for Solvency and Capital Adequacy.